Week 6: A Normal Week!

This week at the CMMCP, we settled back into our standard routine after a very hectic week. I still got the chance to ID alongside my regular trapping route, and some of the other trappers and I organized the garage a little bit. Overall, a calm week!

Interacting with the Public while Trapping

This week, a fair number of people approached me along my route. I've noticed that there are two main ways these conversations will begin. People either assume that I am spraying insecticide in their neighborhood, or they already know exactly what I'm doing and just want to know how it's going. I had a few of both this week, but all the conversations were very friendly. I figure this is because of a couple reasons. For one thing, my truck has state license plates and I wear a high-vis shirt (neon orange) in the field, so people can tell I am on official business and am not trespassing. The second (and I think the more important) reason is that everyone, across all the towns, hates mosquitos. Everyone is glad to see someone tackling the problem in their own neighborhood. It seems to be a very unifying subject. 

Perfect Weather!

It was absolutely gorgeous outside this week. Many of the sites I go to are quite buggy, so I tend not to linger, but even driving between them was pleasant. The hydrangeas are having a phenomenal season this year, and seem to be quite popular around here! My favorite days are days when I don't need to use I-495 to get to my sites on time, and I can instead take backroads and appreciate the scenery. 

Comments

Popular Posts